The Yankees are human.
After a 13-game win streak, they have now lost three in a row. They are still atop the AL wild-card race, but their lead is shrinking a bit. They are also getting further away in the AL East race. Are their chances of topping the Rays for a division title out the window?
To answer that and get into everything Yankees, we bring you a new episode of the “Pinstripe Pod” with Chris Shearn and Jeff Nelson, featuring interviews with 1998 World Series champion Yankees infielder Homer Bush and The Post’s Ken Davidoff.
Pinstripe Pod Opening Segment with Chris, Jeff & Jake:
- LOSING STREAK: Yankees have come down to earth, losing three in a row after the 13-game win steak. Any reason to panic? Giancarlo Stanton is on a hot streak. Corey Kluber started off good then imploded.
- AL EAST RACE: Any chance the Yankees can rally to win AL East? Rays are on fire and have not lost any ground during the Yankees’ big run. It could end up being a one-game playoff between the Yankees and Red Sox, which is not ideal.
Homer Bush Interview:
1998 Yankees World Series champion infielder (1997-1998, 2004)
- 1998 YANKEES: Important that Joe Torre inspired and supported him. He knew his role coming in and had the mentality of being the best player on the field. He will sometimes wear his World Series ring if he is feeling down.
- 2021 YANKEES: Not all-in on this team because they rely on power too much. They need a more consistent offense.
- HITTERS APPROACHES: Hitters always swinging for home runs. They are doing too much now and it is hurting their approaches.
Ken Davidoff Interview:
NY Post longtime baseball columnist
- RAYS: Going to be very tough to top them. Great pitching, but they can hit too.
- LUIS GIL: Will he have an important bullpen role in the final weeks and in the playoffs for this team?
- KLUBER: They are seeing if he can be a playoff starter now or not. His September outings will decide if they can rely on him.
Catch up on all episodes of “Pinstripe Pod,” a New York Yankees podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow the whole crew on Twitter @ChrisShearnYES, @NYNellie43 and @JakeBrownRadio. New episodes of the show are released Mondays and Thursdays.
Originally published at https://nypost.com/2021/08/31/listen-to-episode-82-of-pinstripe-pod/ on .